Security forces kill two at a funeral

Security forces kill two at a funeral Security forces kill two at a funeral

Security forces on Tuesday opened fire at a funeral in Bedesa town, West Hararge, Oromo region, killing two and inflicting injuries to at least 15 others.

The funeral was being held for two individuals who were shot and killed by security forces on Monday during a protest demonstration in the town.

A resident of the town told ESAT on the phone that the brutality of the forces had shocked the people and businesses and government offices have remained closed since Monday.

Witnesses said over 20 people were being treated at the hospital for injuries sustained from the beatings by the security forces.

Meanwhile, the entire Oromo region is gearing up for a massive protest on Saturday. Posts by social media Oromo activists say the huge protest held last Sunday in Gondar, Amhara region, would be repeated in the Oromo region. The activists also warned against any use of force by the regime security, which they said would have devastating consequences.

Hundreds of thousands of people in Gondar took to the streets on Sunday denouncing the regime and expressing solidarity with the people of Oromo in their fight against the tyrannical regime.

Similar protests are also scheduled in Debretabor and Bahir Dar in the Amhara region on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

Tagged as:

crime news, Gondar Protest, Oromo region, Oromo activists


4522 Views Comments

10 Killed when Security Force Fired Live Shots on Protesters in Ambo

Addis Abeba, Oct. 26/2017 – At least ten people were killed today and 20 more wounded in a fresh round of protest that started on

4981 Views Comments

In Ethiopia’s Restive Oromia Region, 11 Killed in Continued Violence

Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn has not made any recent comments on the unrest that is engulfing major towns in Oromia, including those close to the

4196 Views Comments

Ethiopian, Egyptian Fleeing Deportation Re-arrested

KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait (Arab Times)―An Egyptian man and an Ethiopian woman who escaped from the Deportation Center at two different locations were apprehended by security