Tadele Mengesha Tops Highest-Paid Players’ List
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – The Ethiopian Football Federation (EFF) has announced that Tadele Mengesha, who joined Arba Minch Kenema from Dedebit FC a year ago, was the top earner in the Ethiopian Premier League commanding a staggering salary of 125,000 Birr a month.
Mengesha is followed by teammate Endale Kebede at 104,000 Birr a month.
Third on the list at 100,000 Birr a month is Ethiopian national team striker Getaneh Kebede, who returned to his old club, Dedebit FC and Nigerian forward Samuel Sanumi of Ethiopian Coffee.
The list also includes Asrat Megersa (83,000 Birr/month), who left relegated side Dashen Beer to return to his old club Dedebit FC.
Arba Minch teammates Teshome Tadesse (79,000 Birr) and Wondwossen Milkyas (72,000 Birr)
The EFF noted that although most Ethiopian Premier League teams spent close to 10 million Birr each during the transfer season, the overall quality of the league & performance of most players has not improved much.
EPL Top Earners:
- Tadele Mengesha (Arba Minch) – 125,000 Birr/month
- Endale Kebede (Arba Minch – 104,000 Birr/month
- Getaneh Kebede (Dedebit FC) – 100,000 Birr/month
- Samuel Sanumi (Ethiopian Coffee) – 100,000 Birr/month
- Asrat Megersa (Dedebit FC) – 83,000 Birr/month
- Teshome Tadesse (Arba Minch ) -79,000 Birr/month
- Wondwossen Milkyas (Arba Minch) – 72,000 Birr/month