My Mother’s Spaghetti With Peas
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
2 large egg yolks
2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1/2 cup diced pancetta
1 yellow onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
6 basil leaves
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Strain. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil.
2. Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with water and ice cubes. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small pot. Add the peas and simmer for 30 seconds. Remove the peas with a slotted spoon and transfer them to the ice bath to keep the fresh, bright green color. Strain and set aside.
3. Whisk together the egg yolks, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and heavy cream in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Heat a large sauté pan over low heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until crispy, about 8 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, another 4 minutes. Add the spaghetti and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Remove from the heat and toss with the egg-Parmesan mixture and the lemon zest. Garnish with the parsley, basil, and peas, sprinkle with grated Parmesan, and serve immediately.
2958 Views Comments
Follow this recipe while watching the Diretube Bozena Shiro with Chicken video. See Video for this Recipe: Bozena Shiro Wet Ingredients: tomato onion shiro flour oil salt water green pepper basil garlic chicken breast rosemary butter Chicken Preparations Instructions: 1.
1677 Views Comments
Fried Potato Balls - Tasty and Easy Food Recipes