I always have Nutella on hand to spread on toast or croissants for a special weekend treat. I also use it as the base for this chocolaty dessert, which is gently spiced with cardamom, cinnamon, and chili powder to lend a touch of the exotic. Served with port, cognac, or rum, this is an elegant dessert for adults. But just sprinkle the top with M&Ms or other candies and it easily makes the transition to a great kids’ dessert.
Rustic Chocolate Tart
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate roughly chopped
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. mild chili powder
4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup chopped, skinless hazelnuts
Zest of 1 orange
2 tbsp. Grand Marnier
3 tbsp. Nutella
1 tsp. sea salt
For Rustic Bread (Makes one 14-Inch Round):
2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
For the Tart:
1. Set a small metal bowl over a pot of simmer water. Add the chocolate, cardamom, cinnamon, chili powder, and butter and stir until melted.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over low heat. Add the hazelnuts and toast until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the orange zest and Grand Marnier and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir into the melted chocolate mixture.
3. Place the rustic bread on a serving plate and spread the Nutella over the surface. Spread the hazelnut-chocolate mixture over the Nutella. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into 12 wedges before serving.
For the Bread:
1. Preheat the oven to 450. Place a pizza stone on the floor of the over.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the yeast with 1 cup warm water and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture and olive oil to the bowl with the yeast. Attach a dough hook and mix until a dough forms, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 7 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm spot until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough and transfer to a floured wooden peel. Roll the dough out to a 14-inch circle with a floured rolling pin. Prick the surface all over with the tines of a fork. Slide the dough onto the pizza stone and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
2958 Views Comments
Follow this recipe while watching the Diretube Bozena Shiro with Chicken video. See Video for this Recipe: Bozena Shiro Wet Ingredients: tomato onion shiro flour oil salt water green pepper basil garlic chicken breast rosemary butter Chicken Preparations Instructions: 1.
1677 Views Comments
Fried Potato Balls - Tasty and Easy Food Recipes